Available Counseling Opportunities
Creative Counseling Center is growing! We hired two therapists within the last year and are in need of another to accomodate our growing practice. Our team members are full-time employees, our work environment is highly collaborative, we encourage practitioners to embrace self-care and we believe work/life balance is paramount to a healthy work environment and delivering the best level of care and support to our clients.
Clinical supervision is provided. If you meet the minimum qualifications for an opportunities below and wish to join our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a hardcopy to:
6021 S. Syracuse Way Suite 216
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Currently Interviewing: Full-Time Play Therapist
Counsel clients with an emphasis on healing, growth, and enhancing self-worth. Work with children (ages 2+), adolescents, adults, families, and/or groups to promote optimum mental health and well-being. Will include, but not be limited to, facilitating all aspects of mental, emotional, and physical health as well as relationship enhancement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Detailed Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities):
• Counsel clients (children age 2+, adolescents, individuals, and families), individually and/or in group sessions, to assist them in making significant life changes.
• Modify counseling activities and approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients’ status.
• Maintain accurate records of sessions, emails, and phone calls related to clients’ counseling with family members, medical doctors, police, school representatives, specialists, and other professionals working with the client.
• Maintain confidentiality relating to clients’ counseling and records.
• Encourage clients to express emotions and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
• Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for coping with their problems.
• Collect information about clients through interviews, observations, and assessments.
• Act as client advocate to coordinate services or resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
• Develop and implement counseling plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
• Collaborate as necessary with staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
• Evaluate clients’ physical, emotional, and/or mental condition based on review of client information.
• Meet with families, police, school representatives, psychiatrists, and doctors, and other interested parties as needed to exchange necessary information during the counseling process.
• Refer clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attend and participate in weekly supervision.
• Maintain effective communication with direct supervisor.
• Participate in community and networking events, as needed.
• Participate in regular weekly or monthly staff meetings.
• Represent and promote Creative Counseling Center as needed at community functions.
• Promote cooperative working relationships and positive team atmosphere.
• Ability to work some evening and/or weekend hours.
• Gather information about community mental health needs and resources that could be used in conjunction with counseling.
• Maintain professional development in the field of counseling by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, and establishing and maintaining contact with other social service agencies.
• Maintain registration with Colorado State of Department of Regulatory Agency (DORA) database and maintain licensing requirements.
• Maintain Professional Liability insurance of $1million/$3million/$1million policy.
• Master’s degree in psychology, social work, or human services related field required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working clinically with individuals age 2+ who have experienced trauma, multiple-issue families, including those with parenting, mental health, and substance abuse issues.
• Prefer current Colorado Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
• Prefer training/certifications in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) or Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or other trauma related training/certification.
• Training and experience in play therapy or art therapy and any other expression arts modality and/or certifications.
• Knowledge of various methods of psychotherapy and effective implementation of counseling techniques.
• Experience working in community mental health a plus.
• Crisis intervention experience as well as individual, children/adolescents, and family therapy is necessary.
• Working knowledge of DSM-V is required.
• Work independently as well as contribute to a productive and collaborative team environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Work with diverse populations, some comfort with public speaking, able to establish and maintain working relationships with various community providers.
• Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, accurate and timely with assigned tasks.
• Ability to see 28 clients/week and work 35-40 hours/week.
• Flexibility to work 4 evenings per week or 3 evenings per week plus 5 hours on Saturdays.
Disclaimer: This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change, subtract, or add activities, duties, or responsibilities to this description at any time. Other duties may be assigned without a change to this description depending upon business need.