CAREERS AT CREATIVE COUNSELING CENTER
COUNSELING JOBS | OPPORTUNITIES TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Creative Counseling Center is always growing! We’ve hired three therapists within the last year and, while we’re not actively hiring at the moment, we do interview candidates for counseling jobs year-round if they meet our minimum qualifications and requirements. Our team members are full-time employees, our work environment is highly collaborative, we encourage practitioners to embrace self-care, and we believe work/life balance is paramount to a healthy work environment and delivering the best level of care and support to our clients.
Clinical supervision is provided. If you meet the minimum qualifications for an opportunity below and wish to join our team in the future, please email your resume to email@example.com or mail a hard copy to:
6021 S. Syracuse Way Suite 216
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
While we cannot guarantee an interview for any of our counseling jobs in the near future, we will keep your resume on hand for when we are once again actively expanding our team. Thank you for your interest!
WE ARE HIRING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Full-Time Trauma Play Therapist with EMDR
Counsel clients with an emphasis on healing, growth, and enhancing self-worth. Work with children (ages 2+), adolescents, adults, families, and/or groups to promote optimum mental health and well-being. Will include, but not be limited to, facilitating all aspects of mental, emotional, and physical health as well as relationship enhancement.
Detailed Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
• Counsel clients (children age 2+, adolescents, individuals, and families), individually and/or in group sessions, to assist them in making significant life changes.
• Modify counseling activities and approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients’ status.
• Maintain accurate records of sessions, emails, and phone calls related to clients’ counseling with family members, medical doctors, police, school representatives, specialists, and other professionals working with the client.
• Maintain confidentiality relating to clients’ counseling and records.
• Encourage clients to express emotions and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
• Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for coping with their problems.
• Collect information about clients through interviews, observations, and assessments.
• Act as client advocate to coordinate services or resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
• Develop and implement counseling plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
• Collaborate as necessary with staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
• Evaluate clients’ physical, emotional, and/or mental condition based on review of client information.
• Meet with families, law enforcement, school representatives, psychiatrists, and doctors, and other interested parties as needed to exchange necessary information during the counseling process.
• Refer clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attend and participate in weekly supervision.
• Maintain effective communication with direct supervisor.
• Participate in community events as needed.
• Participate in regular weekly or monthly staff meetings.
• Represent Creative Counseling Center as needed at community functions.
• Promote cooperative working relationships and positive team atmosphere.
• Ability to work some evening and/or weekend hours.
• Gather information about community mental health needs and resources that could be used in conjunction with counseling.
• Maintain professional development in the field of counseling by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, and establishing and maintaining contact with other social service agencies.
• Maintain registration with Colorado State of Department of Regulatory Agency (DORA) database and maintain licensing requirements.
• Maintain Professional Liability insurance of $1million/$3million/$1million policy.
• Master’s degree in psychology, social work, or human services related field required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working clinically with individuals age 2+ who have experienced trauma, multiple-issue families, including those with parenting, mental health, and substance abuse issues.
• Prefer current Colorado Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
• Training, certification and practical experience in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR). Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or other trauma related training/certification a plus.
• Training and practical experience in play therapy or art therapy and other expression arts modality and/or certifications.
• Knowledge of various methods of psychotherapy and effective implementation of counseling techniques.
• Experience working in community mental health a plus.
• Crisis intervention experience as well as individual, children/adolescents, and family therapy is necessary.
• Working knowledge of DSM-V is required.
• Work independently as well as contribute to a productive and collaborative team environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Work with diverse populations, some comfort with public speaking, able to establish and maintain working relationships with various community providers.
• Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, accurate and timely with assigned tasks.
• Flexibility to work weekday evenings and ability to work on Saturdays a plus.
Front Desk Associate
Creative Counseling Center has been providing trauma counseling services to children, adolescents, adults and families since 2004. We’re a small yet fast-paced, private practice with 6 therapists, expanding quickly to serve a larger community, and this position is crucial to our success. The ideal candidate is someone who will take a proprietary interest in our practice, is hard-working, a self-starter, detail-oriented, reliable, trustworthy, compassionate towards others, energetic, a resourceful problem-solver, positive, and has a sense of humor.
The individual who accepts this position will work in our office and is primarily responsible for answering phones, greeting and assisting clients, and managing the front desk.
- Greet clients, answer incoming calls, make outbound calls, and schedule or reschedule client appointments in a professional and friendly manner
- Ensure new client intake paperwork is completed
- Organize and maintain client paper and electronic files
- Facilitate processing credit cards daily through our electronic health records system
- Communicate with clients concerning insurance statements, invoicing issues, and uncollected payments
- Record and monitor office expenses and deposits
- Compile weekly or monthly reports and spreadsheets
- Purchase office supplies and troubleshoot and coordinate repair with vendors of phones, printers, computer, and wifi issues
- Assist with on-boarding new employees and maintaining employee documentation and training manuals
- Communicate with therapists and office team members as needed
- Other general administration including scanning documents, sorting and distributing mail, filing, preparing documents and correspondence, and creating and updating spreadsheets
- Assist the Executive Director and Director of Operations with initiatives and special projects
- Front desk or receptionist experience preferred
- Office management experience a plus
- Accounts receivable and QuickBooks experience a plus but not required
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accountability required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a changing list of responsibilities
30-40 hours per week – Once we find you, we will discuss a regular schedule
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!
READY TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME?
If you meet the minimum qualifications for an opportunity below and wish to join our team in the future, please click the button below to email your resume to our hiring manager!
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
If you have questions about counseling, would like to find out if counseling could help you or a loved one, or are interested in learning more about us and the counseling services we offer, just complete the brief form below and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.