PTSD Treatment Denver
Dealing with the side effects of PTSD can be crippling.
Trauma is our specialty. We take great pride & responsibility in working with clients who suffer from childhood trauma, adult traumatic events, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and more.
Working with a therapist is a very personal experience and you want to ensure you are collaborating with someone who has SPECIFIC experience in dealing with scenarios just like yours. You are unique, your situation is unique, and we want you to flourish to live a life of Hope – Harmony – Happiness!
Do you suffer from any of these Emotional and psychological symptoms of trauma:
Shock – denial – disbelief
- Anger – irritability – mood swings
- Guilt – shame – self-blame
- Anxiety and fear
- Isolating – withdrawing from others
- Feeling sad or hopeless
- Confusion – difficulty concentrating
- Feeling disconnected or numb
Are you currently experiencing any of these Physical symptoms of trauma:
- Insomnia or nightmares
- Hypervigilant (easily startled/on edge)
- Increased heartbeat
- Aches and pains
- Muscle tension
- Difficulty concentrating
- Increased agitation
If you are experiencing more then three of the above, it may be worth a call today to explore if we can help.
So, what is Trauma?
Trauma is the result of an emotional response to a tragic accident or event that one experiences.
These events include:
- abuse (physical abuse, sexual abuse, or neglect)
- natural disasters
- war can create a multitude of symptoms that the body responses with
Trauma comes in all different sizes and has significant impact on the brain.
Looking to resolve your Trauma on your own?
Here are a few tips!
- Invest in self-care (getting plenty of sleep, eating healthy, drinking water, etc).
- Give yourself permission to feel all your emotions (feelings are normal and part of the process). Crying is a natural release.
- Avoid drugs and alcohol use. This often will make symptoms worse.
- Maintain a consistent, predictable, and structured routine as much as possible.
- Avoid isolating. Connect with friends, family, or a mental health professional for support and encouragement.
- Contact a therapist for professional support during this time.
Our therapists work with you in a collaborative manner to explore your needs and create a plan to help to you get to your end results. If you or someone you know is has experienced a traumatic experience please contact us at 303.843.6000 for a free initial phone consultation to determine if we can help you.
How does Creative Counseling Center help those
who are suffering from the side effects of PTSD?
- At Creative Counseling Center we understand how taking the first step in finding a therapist can be the most difficult. At CCC our approach is supportive, warm, and collaborative. We are integrative in approach as we believe that no single therapy is beneficial for everyone.
- We have several trained therapists whom we will match to best fit your needs.
- We use various counseling theories and techniques to treat the “whole” person. Depending on your goals in therapy we may draw from, experiential, cognitive behavioral therapy, humanistic, and/or systemic approaches.
Still have Questions? | Ready To Get Started?
Call (303) 843-6000 or simply fill out the form below.